- The competition is opened to schools and educational institutions in Sabah and Labuan.
- Each participating team should comprise of a mix of teachers and students.
- Each participating school is allowed to submit maximum 2 entries for each section/content.
- All web sites submitted must get the approval of the respective schools.
- Web sites submitted for this competition will be made available to all Sabah.Net users. Publishing on the Internet will be upon approval of the appropriate authority.
- All participants must complete the registration form and submit it to the organizer before 31 July 2001.
- All entries must be uploaded in digital form to the participant's Sabah.Net web hosting account by
15 October 2001. Late entries will not be entertained.
- After the closing date, all web sites entered for this contest will be mirrored at our undisclosed location and will not be updated. Final changes should be made before the closing date.
- Each participating team is eligible for one prize only.
- The contents must be developed using any of the major languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English or Chinese.
- Entry must be accessible from a standard web browser via Sabah.Net.
- Every page must have content and an overall size of not more than 10 MB, including graphics and other media included in the page. Any required plug-ins should be stated. (e.g. Real Player, Flash Viewer)
- Participants can use their ingenuity and imagination, including seeking advice from experts for developing their work within the boundaries of these terms and conditions.
- All works must be original in design and free from any pornography, racism, hatred, illegal, political or any offensive content that contravenes the Laws of Malaysia. If any copyrighted materials are used, proper permission must be obtained from the copyright owners and duly acknowledged.
- The organizer shall not be liable for any copyrights or intellectual infringements if so violated by any participants. Participants will be responsible for any action that may arise due to the infringement of copyrights, patents, intellectual properties, etc. as a result of participating in the competition.
- The organizer reserves the right to reject any application without giving any reasons and publish all entries on Sabah.Net or any other networks for public access.
- The copyrights to all works submitted will rest with both the participating schools and the State IT Advancement Unit (KIT), Chief Minister's Department.
- The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the terms and condition as deemed necessary without the obligation to notify the participating schools. The latest version of the rules will be posted at WCDD 2001 under Sabah.Net at http://www.sabah.edu.my/wcdd2001
- All entries should be submitted to:
K.K.I.P. Communications Sdn. Bhd.,
Level 1, Sabah Trade Centre,
Jalan Istiadat, Teluk Likas, Likas,
88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Tel: 088-231101, 231102, Fax: 088-231103